LAST UPDATED: JAN 1, 2020
LAST UPDATED: JAN 1, 2020
ABOUT THIS POLICY
This Privacy and Security Statement describes the privacy practices of PERRI POOLS AND LANDSCAPING (“our” or “we”). It applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- The use of our website
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our website and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements
Perri Pools and Landscaping and all of its employees is/are responsible for personal information under its/their control. When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering materials, or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Perri Pools and Landscaping collects and uses personal information to manage your relationship with the company and better serve you. Such collection is done with the required filings with data protection authorities, where required.
CONTACT INFORMATION: We may collect the names of our customers and other visitors.
PAYMENT INFORMATION: When you make a purchase we collect your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card, cheque, PayPal account or gift card and your signature.
DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: We may collect information about products or services you like or reviews you submit. We might also collect information like your age or gender.
LOCATION INFORMATION: If you use our website, we may collect location data obtained from your mobile device's GPS or your IP address.
EMPLOYMENT-RELATED INFORMATION: If you apply for an employment opportunity, we collect the information you provide us with about yourself (such as contained in a resume, cover letter or similar employment-related materials, or any applicable pre-screening questions).
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: If you register on our websites or enter a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or other program offering, we collect personal information such as your name, email address and other information required to administer your participation in the program.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY: The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During website registration
- In connection with an online or in-person purchase or visit
- If you request we send you an electronic copy of your online or in-person receipt
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
- Cookies : The Web Site uses "cookies", a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Web Site user's computer to permit the website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the website(so you do not have to enter your language preference every time), to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to track your activity at the Web Site, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Web Site experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web Site and your ability to access certain features of the Web Site or engage in transactions through the website.
- Links to Other Websites: Our website may contain links to other websites sites or internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website or internet resource. Perri Pools and Lanscaping has no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other websites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for our business purposes, including:
- To respond to your questions, requests and complaints: Examples include: fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery or providing services such as an electronic copy of your receipt. We may retain your information to assist you in the future.
- To improve our products and services: We may use your information to make website or product and service improvements.
- To look at website trends and customer interests: We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may also combine information we get from you with information about you we have received from third parties or publicly available sources to assess trends and interests.
- For our marketing: In certain circumstances, we may send you communications about special Perri Pools and Landscaping promotions. We may also notify you of new website features or product and service offerings. You may opt-out of our communications with you at your discretion.
- For employment purposes: We may use your personal information you provide in connection with a job application or related inquiry for the purpose of processing and responding to your application or inquiry.
- For Social Media: When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plugins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain social media account information (e.g., name, username, email address, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application.
- For other uses we may disclose to you: We may also use personal information with your consent, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted, including:
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf: We share information with our service providers who provide services on our behalf, such as our service providers who ship and deliver your online orders, process your payments and send email and other communications.
- With any successor to all or part of our business: For example, if all or part of our business is sold we may transfer information we have about you as part of that transaction.
- If we think we have to in order to comply with the law: We may disclose information to a government agency or investigatory body, or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable Canadian laws. We may also disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena.
- With our business partners: For example, we might share information with one of our business partners who is running a joint promotion with us or who provides a product or service in partnership with us, as specified at the time your personal information is collected.
- To protect us: We may disclose information if fraud is suspected or as part of an investigation. We may also disclose personal information to assist us in collecting a debt owed by you.
- At your direction. For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
When you place orders on our websites, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server.
SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we use industry standard means to protect our websites and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our websites or mobile applications will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
We maintain your personal information for as long as required for the purposes set out in this Privacy and Security Statement, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Our websites contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control. This Privacy and Security Statement does not apply to the information practices of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for the personal information practices of third party websites.
If you have additional questions, or to access, update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, you can call us at 647 - 962 - 6319, or reach us by email at [email protected]